Team-Building Advice From the Veterans Who Built WeWork, Salesforce, Walmart, and FedEx

By Elizabeth Gore | Inc | November 12, 2018

It shouldn’t surprise you that some of the top entrepreneurs in the U.S. are military veterans. As the daughter of an Air Force veteran, I heard about hard-earned leadership skills every day growing up. I’ve spoken to plenty of other veterans–many of whom have become CEOs. No matter the advice they give, it often has the same theme: Build strong teams.

A recent SBA study found that military service exhibits one of the largest marginal effects on self-employment, and veterans are 45 percent more likely to be self-employed than non-veterans.

Before I dive in to the best advice on building teams, I’d like to thank my Dad, our men and women in military service, and the military spouses who support them. For veterans and military spouses looking to start or grow a business, check out these resources from the National Association of Veteran-Serving Organizations, veteran entrepreneur network Bunker Labs, and the resources we keep within our company at Alice.

Read the full article here. 

By MIT Sloan CDO
MIT Sloan CDO