Requirements to attend NYFD:
- Attend NYFD Prep session and sign waiver form.
- Upload your MIT Sloan Resume in Career Central by Monday, August 5 at 11:59pm. The “default” or “starred” resume is the one that will be included in the resume book for employers. Click here for instructions on uploading your resume to Career Central.
- Thursday by 3:00pm – Arrive for the bus to NY outside E62
- For Friday…
- Before Friday – Complete homework readings (if applicable). You will receive confirmation on this prior to Friday.
- Friday by 8:00am-8:30am – Arrive at Barclays on-time
- Bring your name tag and a Government ID (e.g. passport or license)
- Wear Business Formal attire – no exceptions
- Luggage – you may store your luggage at Barclays. For those leaving NY on the bus Friday, be sure to bring all your belongings to Barclays in the morning.
- Uphold Sloan Values – Upholding Sloan Values is extremely important as we are guests of Barclays. Compliance with Sloan Values (i.e. arriving on time, remaining engaged, and proper dress) is expected. Any violation to Sloan Values will result in loss of deposit.
- Agenda: The final itinerary along with company information and participant bios will be provided ASAP.
- Participation: MFin NY Finance Day is designed to be informational and interactive. You will have many opportunities to ask questions of our hosts throughout the day. Please take the time and effort to do background research on the firms and on the career path you are especially interested in. This is a full day program, you are required to participate in its entirety – no exceptions.
- Sunday evening – Complete Post-Event Survey
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will we get the biographies of all the speakers? You should receive this information via email by Tuesday, August 6.
- Can I schedule a networking coffee chat with someone in NYC on Friday? No. You are required to attend the full-day event on Friday from 8:15am-5:30pm. Due to security reasons, students will not be able to arrive late or leave early.
- Where can I find the CDO slides from the NYFD Prep session? On the bottom of the MFin Page on the Your CDO site, under the “Career Resources” section called “CDO Presentations & Handouts.”
- I originally signed up to take the bus home on Friday but now plan to stay in NY – how do I make changes to my travel plans? Per the Program Office newsletter, changes to your return accommodations are not permitted after Monday, July 29th.