While COVID-19 has impacted our daily lives, the good news is many employers are moving ahead with hiring this spring. The shift toward virtual recruiting has positioned companies well to recruit and onboard new team members. Our recruiters are still committed to securing top talent.
We are working actively with employers to create new programs to meet their hiring needs. More than ever, being able to articulate your value proposition to a prospective employer is a core component of securing an opportunity – and it is always essential to engage your connections and identify new areas of opportunity in a changing market. Our team is here to support you in clarifying your vision, adapting your outreach and communicating your value to employers. We will continue to advocate for MIT Sloan students as a premiere source of talent.
We want to help empower you to take control of your job search and have outlined 5 easy steps you can take to keep moving forward with your job search:
- Bookmark Your CDO (cdo.mit.edu): Stay informed of latest career news, resources and events. We will continue to post advice and helpful job search articles for conducting a job search in Spring 2020.
- Sign up for a Virtual Career Advising Appointment: If you have personal career questions, our advisors can help. For those programs that use Career Central for appointments, you will now find virtual appointments (Guide to Signing Up for Virtual Advising). Click on your program’s page in the PROGRAMS tab above or see your latest CDO newsletters for more detailed information about how to sign up.
- Network: Reach out to your personal network and MIT Sloan alumni to update them on your goals; partner with your classmates to share information with each other. Start with the ALUMNI NETWORK tab above to access key databases and networking platforms, and check out the career page for your program for additional directories and guidance.
- Revise Your Recruiting Materials: Update your LinkedIn Profile (make sure it’s All-Star) and resume. Consider whether there are experiences or talents that are particularly relevant to current conditions that you can add to your profile and resume. Check out the RESOURCES tab above to leverage VMock for your resume and LinkedIn profile review, and reach out to your career advisor or coach if you need additional support.
- Revamp Your Target List: Has current market environment shifted your thinking on where you’d like to prioritize your efforts? While some industries (travel, airlines) are weathering tough times, we are beginning to hear from business leaders and companies of growing needs for technology companies.
Check back for continued updates on the spring job search!