Who We Are
We believe climate change is the most significant systemic threat to humanity in the 21st century – and represents one of the most meaningful investment opportunities in history. Guided by this worldview, we formed Homecoming Capital as a sustainability-focused investment firm dedicated to decarbonizing our economy through thoughtful capital deployment. We invest in new and established technologies and infrastructure alongside mission-aligned partners in the four industries that contribute the most to carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions:(i) power generation, (ii) transportation, (iii) agriculture, and (iv) construction / manufacturing.
Our firm is seeking a high performing and entrepreneurial fall intern who is passionate about receiving hands-on experience working closely with the two founding partners in a dynamic, sustainability-focused investing environment. The internship will focus on researching major sustainability themes with the goal of generating actionable investment theses.
The role requires an individual contributor able to effectively operate in a fluid and fast-paced environment thinking as both an entrepreneur and an investor. Responsibilities will include:
• Completing fundamental market and industry research on sustainability topics
• Preparing written and presentation materials summarizing major research findings
• Supporting partners with relationship and deal sourcing
Our core values are crucial in guiding our vision of becoming a world-leading sustainability investing firm. We seek partners on our journey who deeply embody these values:
• Integrity: we form relationships based on trust, honesty, and long-term partnership
• Intellectual curiosity: we embrace a growth mindset, with a willingness to explore new concepts, reach independent conclusions, and challenge the status quo through action
• Sustainability: we pursue relationships, partnerships, and investments oriented towards long-term resiliency
• Purpose: we recognize that our collective journey is greater than any individual contribution, necessitating a low-ego approach
• Bachelor’s degree from leading university with outstanding academic track-record
• Demonstrated desire to work in (i) investing and (ii) sustainability
• Expertise in MSFT Office Suite, including strong presentation and financial modeling skills
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: (i) building efficiency, (ii) natural climate solutions, (iii) terrestrial / maritime electrification, (iv) distributed energy resources, (v) smart grids, and/or (vi) carbon credit markets
• Team player: we’re a close team of independently motivated high performers
• Intellectually curious: we’re seeking a deep thinker with a desire to work in a high leverage position on one of the most significant intersectional problems our society has ever faced
• Strong attention to detail: we trust you to manage your own work
• Builder: we’re constantly reevaluating our processes and hope you’ll critically and creatively help us improve
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject line “2020 Fall Internship.” See below for additional details.
• Application Deadline: 8/25/20
• Start Date: 9/1/20 or 9/8/20
• Job Title: Fall Intern
• Compensation: TBD hourly rate
• Commitment: 10 weeks; flexible, but >25 hours per week anticipated
• Location: Remote
Homecoming Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. For more information, please visit www.homecomingcapital.com.