Eligible Program(s): MFin, MBAn, LGO
Machine Learning Engineer
Magnifi is the world’s first semantic investment platform for finance. It helps financial advisors, portfolio managers, and everyday investors find, compare, and act on investment options. In an era with thousands of ETFs, mutual funds, stocks, and model portfolios to choose from, Magnifi demystifies and simplifies investing, providing insights and information that save time and help investors make smarter decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
You will be responsible for working with the product team to shape internal and external feedback into technology that meets the needs of our customers. You must be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable interpreting technology requirements, based on business requirements, and implementing them with maximum impact to the users. You must be results- and execution-oriented. You will be expected to develop technology in a way that minimizes technology debt while maximizing the customer experience. Your development efforts will have immediate impact on the Magnifi platform. This is a rare opportunity to join an early-stage startup founded under a broader fintech platform, called The TIFIN Group, at a post-product, pre-revenue stage.
- Lead in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing virtual and face-to-face interactions; manage complex work streams, expectations, budgets, deliverables, risks, and multiple responsibilities using structured approaches for operational excellence; communicate results to executive level audiences
- Design/develop algorithms and services that optimize user experience, such as: Parsing search queries semantically using NLP, Information Retrieval/Extraction, deploying Predictive Models built on large scale text data, Knowledge Graphs, Recommendation Systems and much more
- Collaborate with a product management/development team that is geographically distributed
- Work with large data structures and algorithms with computational complexity and object-oriented and functional-programming design patterns
- Conduct independent research on quantitative methods for solving business problems
- Document processes and workflows to enhance and communicate product development
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields with 2+ years of experience; PhD from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Strong coding and quant skills in programming languages such as: Python and R
- NLP frameworks – SpaCy, NLTK, Elasticsearch, Gensim | Deep Learning – Tensorflow, Keras
- A theoretical and practical understanding of data science and machine learning algorithms
- Ability to work comprehensively with a variety of databases (Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to win and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Values aligned with personal growth, empathy, creativity, teamwork, and communication
Competitive salary with health benefits and a location in downtown Boulder.