What resources are available to assist me in evaluating an offer?
Congratulations on receiving an offer! The CDO is here to guide you through the process of evaluating your offer – please let us know as soon as you receive an offer so we can provide that guidance to you. Here are a few offer evaluation resources available to you:
- Watch the “Understanding and Negotiating Offers” webinaron Canvas, which covers topics such as:
- Components you can expect to receive in a job offer (and what you will not receive in writing)
- Factors when carefully evaluating the opportunity – what’s most important to you may differ from others
- What components of an offer may be negotiable and who to negotiate with
- Tactics for approaching a negotiation conversation
- Advice on leveraging other offers
2. Use the offer evaluation spreadsheet on Your CDO, which encourages you to think through the importance of certain factors and helps you compare multiple offers.
3. Schedule an appointment to discuss an offer and/or negotiation strategies by selecting “MFin Offer Evaluation/Negotiation – Virtual – 30 min” as the appointment type.
Remember these questions, and more, are found in the MFin Career FAQs available to you at anytime.