Meet with a career advisor one-on-one to discuss any career-related topic. We offer both 15 and 30 minute appointments, both virtually and in-person. 15 minute appointments are best for when you have a quick topic to discuss or would like to review a document (e.g. resume or cover letter). We recommend booking a 30 minute appointment in situations where you feel you would benefit from a more in depth discussion. In-person appointments are limited at this time and will be held in the CDO (E52-331). Following MIT’s Covid-19 safety protocols is required.
Career topics often discussed during Individual Career Advising appointments include, but are not limited to:
- Career exploration
- Networking interactions
- Job search strategies
- Feedback and advice on current recruiting processes
- Troubleshooting if you are feeling overwhelmed, lost or in a sticky situation
- Discuss interview preparation strategies and resources (but not intended for mock interviews!)
- Document review (resume or cover letter) – please note that we offer additional support for Cover Letter Reviews
- Offer evaluation and negotiation guidance
These advising appointments are exclusive to MFin students.