Please read below if your professional club would like to request funding for a career-related event or resource:
Guidelines for club funding requests:
- The CDO will not cover the cost of food for an event (if we are co-sponsoring an event, some of the funds may be used for catering, at the discretion of the review committee).
- The monetary ask should be used to support the following:
- Career-related trainer/speaker/workshop/simulation that aligns with overall Career Development learning objectives and goals
- Technology resource designed to be of benefit for career preparation such as case preparation or behavioral and/or technical interviewing
- If the CDO agrees to provide financial support, the event/resource will be evaluated for the most appropriate audience (e.g. making it available to all students or solely club members).
- If the full amount requested is not approved by our office, club leaders may want to consider asking club members to contribute a small portion of the overall cost. Your CDO club liaison is happy to assist with determining an appropriate amount.
Steps to Request Funding:
- Club leaders should complete the CDO Professional Club Funding Application Survey
- Applications must be received by October 15 and decisions will be determined by early November each academic year. During the spring semester, ad hoc requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon budgetary constraints.
- Review will be completed within 10 days of receipt if after the initial deadline of October 15.