Please read below if your professional club would like to request funding for a career-related event or resource:
Guidelines for club funding requests:
- The CDO will not cover the cost of food for an event (if we are co-sponsoring an event, some of the funds may be used for catering, at the discretion of the review committee).
- The monetary ask should be used to support the following:
- Career-related trainer/speaker/workshop/simulation that aligns with overall Career Development learning objectives and goals
- Technology resource designed to be of benefit for career preparation such as case preparation or behavioral and/or technical interviewing
- If the CDO agrees to provide financial support, the event/resource will be evaluated for the most appropriate audience (e.g. making it available to all students or solely club members).
- If the full amount requested is not approved by our office, club leaders may want to consider asking club members to contribute a small portion of the overall cost. Your CDO club liaison is happy to assist with determining an appropriate amount.
Steps to Request Funding:
- Club leaders should complete the CDO Professional Club Funding Application Survey
- Applications must be received by December 15 and decisions will be determined before the end of the semester of each academic year. During the spring semester, ad hoc requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon budgetary constraints.
- Review will be completed within 10 days of receipt if after the initial deadline of December 15.