TOPICS: Virtual CDO Front Desk | Employment Update | Virtual Career Advising/Coaching | Networking Resources | Career Tools | Program-Specific Guidance | Update Your Remote Address | Additional Resources and Support
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have set up the virtual Career Development Office and moved all CDO services online. We are eager to support your job search and career success, whether you are in an active search or managing some new uncertainties due to current events. We know these are unprecedented times, and we are committed to helping you navigate this situation.
VIRTUAL CDO FRONT DESK
Our Front Desk is now virtual. If you have general questions about resources, Career Central, or advising, or you are unsure who to contact with your question, you can reach our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alyssa or Anna will respond directly or connect you with an advisor or staff member who can help you.
We are in close communication with our top employers, as well as our colleagues at peer graduate business schools. Our outreach this week suggests that companies are doing all they can to honor their employment commitments. We will continue to stay in contact with employers and will keep you updated on what we hear as things evolve. If we can be of any help to you, please email your career advisor or our Recruiting Team (email@example.com).
VIRTUAL CAREER ADVISING AND CAREER COACHING
All of CDO’s Career Advisors and Career Coaches are offering virtual appointments.
- MBA, LGO: Sign up for a virtual career advising appointment on Career Central. Indicate your preference of Zoom, Skype or phone, and your contact information. Also, see the list of MBA Core Fellows who are offering virtual support for your job search.
- MFins, MBAns, MSMS: Sign up for a virtual career advising appointment on Career Central. Be sure to indicate your preference of Zoom, Skype or phone, and your contact information.
- SFMBA: Sign up for a virtual appointment with your career coaches, James Morrison, Carla Akalarian, Lew Weinstein, and Gayle Grader. Sign up for appointments with James and Lew on Career Central; if you don’t see a time that works for you, email James or Lew with your availability. See Sloan Fellows Career Coaches for complete scheduling information and coaches’ specialties.
- EMBA: Connect with your career coaches to set up a virtual appointment. See EMBA Career Coaches for scheduling information and coaches’ specialities.
CONNECT WITH ALUMNI
Visit the Alumni Network page on Your CDO for links to the MIT Alumni Advisors Hub, MIT Sloan Alumni Network on LinkedIn, and the MIT Alumni Directory.
- MIT Alumni Advisors Hub – Connect with MIT alumni who are seeking to share their career experience and expertise with MIT students. Note that alums who graduated in 2001-2002 and 2008 gained experience managing a job search during market uncertainty.
- MIT Sloan Alumni Network on LinkedIn – Search 40,725 alumni in the MIT Sloan community. Search by title, keyword, or company.
- MIT Alumni Directory – Click on Advanced Search to view 199,000+ MIT alumni by company, industry, location, alumni groups, regional clubs, and more.
CONNECT WITH CURRENT SLOANIES
There are many ways to connect with classmates and students across the portfolio at MIT Sloan, but you may find these particularly helpful in your job search:
- MIT Sloan Student Photobook Directory – Search students across the entire MIT Sloan portfolio (MBA, LGO, MSMS, MFin, MBAn, EMBA, SF, SDM, PhD).
- MBA Full-Time and Summer Internship Directories – See where MBAs accepted internships and full-time positions, 2016-2020.
- MFin Internship Directory and MFin Full-Time Directory – See where MFins accepted internships and full-time positions
The RESOURCES tab above is an easy way to view key research and job search tools for your spring job search.
- VMock – AI resume reviews and LinkedIn profile reviews – instant feedback, 24/7.
- Research Resources – Capital IQ, PitchBook, D&B Business, Plunkett, Factiva.
Students in our portfolio of program have different needs, and we have created career resources specifically designed for each of the programs in our portfolio. View your program page by clicking on the PROGRAMS tab on the menu bar or the links below:
CDO AND CAREER COMMUNITY BLOGS
Your CDO blogs will feature up-to-date guidance and tips for your job search. In addition to our news, we are actively curating content from Vault, eFinancialCareers, and other top sources.
UPDATE YOUR REMOTE ADDRESS
Use the remote address field in your MySloan Profile to share your location with program administrators and other students. Follow these instructions on how to enter your remote address. Once added to your profile, it will be available to other students through the MySloan people search. For instructions on how to hide this field, click here.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND SUPPORT
Please see the ISO’s Spring Announcement (last updated March 24), with information about visas, travel restrictions, and their service updates. The International Students Office (ISO) will continue to provide services to students, throughout the Spring 2020 semester and beyond, even in the event that the physical office has to be closed. ISO Staff will continue to be available to students remotely.
MIT’s COVID-19 Response: Resources and Support
Keep current on the latest updates by visiting MIT’s COVID-19 Response page – this page includes important messages from MIT’s President L. Rafael Reif and MIT Medical. We know this is a stressful time. As an additional resource, MIT offers counseling and mental health support for students feeling overwhelmed or in distress, and we hope you will to reach out to them if you need these services.
PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have been working with an advisor or coach, please feel free to reach out directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and requests.