Interview Date: January 6, 2021
American Century Investments® is a leading global asset manager with over 60 years of experience helping investors achieve their financial goals. Serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors, we offer a wide range of investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
Privately controlled and independent, we focus solely on investment management. This empowers us to align our decisions with client expectations and concentrate on their long-term money management needs.
We are committed to providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset. Our expertise spans global growth equity, global value equity, disciplined equity, multi-asset strategies, global fixed income, alternatives and ETFs.
Our culture of winning behaviors exemplifies our dedication to clients every single day. Delivering investment results enables us to distribute over 40% of our dividends—or more than $1.5 billion since 2000—to the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a 550-person, non-profit biomedical research organization with a controlling interest in American Century Investments. Our dividend payments provide ongoing financial support for the Institute’s work of uncovering the causes, treatments and prevention of life-threatening diseases, like cancer.
Headquartered in Kansas City, MO, we also have offices located in New York; London; Hong Kong; Sydney; El Segundo, CA (Los Angeles area); and Mountain View, CA (Silicon Valley).
For more information, please visit americancentury.com.
As a Summer Associate you will become part of our Global Growth Equity team that seek to deliver outstanding, long-term risk-adjusted performance to our clients. During the 12-week internship, you will work directly with our investment professionals and will have exposure to two or more investment management capabilities. Additionally, you will be paired with an experienced mentor who will provide feedback and guidance in areas such as job performance, relationships and role expectations.
- The primary responsibility of the summer associate will be to provide timely fundamental research required for stock selection and portfolio monitoring.
- Research common stocks, presently owned and potential new investments, recommending purchases and sales. This involves reading and analyzing company financial documents or third-party reports, interviewing company management, and gaining information from other sources.
- Analyze industry groups or other investment themes as requested by portfolio managers. Maintain industry and company statistics which supplement the in-house database.
- Facilitate preparation of analytical data for weekly equity investment meetings.
- Attend investment company presentations.
- MBA – 1st year (concentration in finance preferred but not required)
- Breadth of knowledge and experience applicable to a generalist
- A consistent track record of outstanding accomplishments in one or more areas of interest or experience
- The ability to communicate clearly, specifically and directly
- Principled ethical standards and integrity
- Practical business experience
- Creativity and unbridled intellectual curiosity
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.
American Century Investment Services, Inc., Distributor.
©2019 American Century Proprietary Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.