BAIN SUMMER ASSOCIATE (INTERNSHIP)
Bain’s Summer Associate (SA) program is more than just a summer internship, it’s a springboard to your whole career and could quite possibly be the best summer of your life. It’s an ideal opportunity for MBAs or advanced degree candidates [e.g., JD/MBA, MD/MBA] who would like to experience the real world of consulting while getting insight into what a future with Bain would be like.
In 10 exciting and intensive weeks (duration may differ by office) – starting with an amazing week spent with international colleagues on Cape Cod learning the core Bain consulting skills – you’ll be in the thick of it: shoulder to shoulder with Bain consultants, tackling complex business challenges and using all your skills to help drive change in a range of organisations from global leaders to start-ups. Most SAs are amazed at the wealth of industry knowledge, client management and communication skills they acquire, and the majority complete their summer with a full-time offer to join Bain as a Consultant upon completion of their studies.
And, after multiple years of 15% growth, we are currently hiring for our largest intake ever.
Client confidentiality means we cannot tempt you with our clients’ names, but whether you’re interested in consumer electronics, finance, transportation, healthcare, energy or non-profits, the chances are good that you already know the clients we work with. They are well-known leaders in their respective industries. Over the course of the summer – often at the global office of your choice – you will work directly with case teams and clients to solve business problems and drive change, being immersed in the responsibilities of a full-time Bain Consultant, including…
- Working closely with full-time consultants [who will provide coaching and mentoring]
- Working with clients from Fortune 500 companies, midsize firms, non-profits and start-ups across many fast-changing industries such as consumer goods and retail, technology and telecommunication, financial services, industrial products, private equity and many others
- Presenting the results of your work to Partners and clients
- Applying knowledge and skills from your first year of business school, you will gain access to an unparalleled range and depth of opportunities
- Studying for an MBA from a top business school A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skill-set, endless curiosity and a penchant to think the impossible
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are important
- Fluency in English plus local language for Non-US offices
- Applicant must have received, or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and be fully vaccinated (established 2 weeks following final shot) by date of employment with Bain & Company to be considered for U.S.-based job subject to required accommodation process