Summer Associate Intern – Business Consulting – 2022
What to expect: The MBA Summer Associate Program will last for 10-12 weeks. As an MBA Summer Associate, you will be staffed on a consulting project that is of strategic importance to Bayer, working with a team of experienced Project Managers and/or Senior Consultants.
Typical responsibilities include: Development of consulting frameworks and approach; performing quantitative and qualitative analyses; workshop preparation; help in strategic assessments and evaluations; and other operations management support. The consulting project may fall into any one of our key practice or capability areas and in one of Bayer’s core industries. You will be based in Whippany, NJ or St. Louis, MO for the summer.
The program will start with onboarding orientation that introduces the Bayer basics, consulting skills and methodologies, and project background. An experienced Senior Consultant or Consultant will be assigned as your mentor to guide you through the Bayer and Business Consulting world. A mid-term review will be arranged to provide timely feedback to your performance. You will also have the chance to meet your colleagues through several social networking events. The program design will allow you to maximize learning through project work and enable us to give a fair assessment of your performance. After the MBA Associate Program, full-time career opportunities with BC (Business Consulting) will be further discussed.
Who you are
What we are looking for – MBA Summer Associate: We are specifically interested in candidates with one of the following industry experience and functional focus:
- Life sciences: agriculture/crop, pharmaceuticals, and consumer health industries
- Marketing and Sales
- Product Supply, manufacturing strategy and supply chain management
- Business Transformation and Change
- Performance Improvement
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree program (MBA preferred).
- Demonstrated record of working independently and achieving measurable results
- Strong understanding of general business processes (accounting, finance, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain etc.)
- Leadership and influencing skills and experience; ability to deal with senior client management in often complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven project management skills
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual and implementation skills; initiative, persuasiveness, and a strong team spirit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in a highly client-driven environment, coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude to deliver effective, value-add solutions
- You will be notified of your application status in January 2022. Interviews will be scheduled in January 2022.
Additional, preferred, qualifications are as follows:
- US, International/global work experience
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company