Boost VC Associate Job Description
TLDR: We are looking for an investment associate with a software engineering mind – and should be writing code often. Someone who likes to network, but also do deep research and tinker with the latest tech whether it be AI, crypto, computer vision and more – all things software. Boost VC does more investments in some of the most cutting edge technology than any other firm in the world. This would be a great role for someone to get into VC or start a Deep Tech company themselves!
About Boost VC:
Boost VC is an early stage venture capital firm with $200m AUM in San Mateo, CA founded by Adam Draper & Brayton Williams. Boost VC leads Pre-Seed rounds for Deep Tech. We invest $500k in 25-30 deals per year.
We believe Sci-Fi narratives drive innovation. When you read or watch Sci-Fi books, movies and comics, you are presented with a vision of the future that can inspire and drive progress. Our world is evolving at a rapid pace. We bet on founders who inspire us and challenge our worldview. We believe in big visions and wild ideas. We invest in technical teams using Deep Tech to change the world – crypto, ai, robotics, virtual reality, aerospace, bio and more!
Boost VC is seeking a full-time Associate who will report to the Managing Partners. This position will offer significant involvement in all aspects of the deal flow and investment processes. We want team members with a balance of energetic networker and deep researcher. This position’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing our inbound deal flow process
- Competitive and Market Research
- Research on technology, venture capital, IPOs, markets, and the general economy
- Run elements of the investment process and CRM
- Building relationships with other venture capitalists
- Represent the Boost VC brand to both entrepreneurs and other investors
- Analyze and track portfolio performance
Successful applicants should be knowledgeable and have demonstrated experience in the following domains:
- High-growth startups: Including operational expertise working with/at startups
- A Software Engineering background: We want someone who understands the technologies we are investing in, and has the ability to translate the importance of that technology to others. Should be writing code often.
- Good team energy (you will be joining our small and mighty team of 7 people!)
Location: San Mateo, CA and open to Remote
Candidates:US candidates only. We are unable to sponsor work visas now.
To apply, send email@example.com your resume, github and your written responses to four questions:
1. Why are you interested in the Associate role at Boost? (150 words max)
2. How do your work experience and current skills indicate a good fit? (150 words max)
3. What industry/theme/company for technology investment over the coming 5 years are you most excited about, and why? (250 words max)
4. What have you built in the last year? (100 words max w/ link if applicable)
From the initial applications, we select a smaller group for ZOOM interviews. The expected start date for the role would be Q3 2023.