Senior Product Manager AXIOS Marketing – Obesity, Metabolic and Energy Therapies Job
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Remote Eligible: Hybrid
Marlborough, MA, US, 01752
Additional Location(s): N/A
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Drainage of Pancreatic Fluid Collections, Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
About the Role
The Global Senior Product Manager – Obesity, Metabolic and Energy Therapies will have upstream responsibility managing internal and external project investments related to obesity, metabolic and energy therapies. Many of these projects have overlap with our endoscopic ultrasound business. This individual will be responsible for evolving and executing the franchise strategy, supporting the development and clinical strategy for new procedures and technologies in this space. This role will work with a broader group of internal and external counterparts, including but not limited to R&D, Clinical, Finance, Regulatory and global partners. There will be a significant global component to the role given investments that have been made outside of the United States.
The responsibilities will include:
- Manage relationships with global key opinion leaders and cross functional counterparts
- Strong understanding of energy therapy to treat benign and malignant disease, obesity and metabolic disease states as well as emerging therapies and interventions to manage these disease states
- Ability to perform, aggregate and utilize market research and VOC feedback to inform investment and clinical strategies for internal projects and external acquisition targets
- Work closely with Business Development to assess any opportunities for external partnership or acquisitions
- Perform analysis of clinical data in the space and engage customers on future potential minimally invasive interventions – including surveying of gastroenterologists, surgeons, endocrinologists and/or hepatologists.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry in general and more specifically, the segments targeted by assigned products, including the motivators for action.
- Perform an analysis of competitive clinical activities and recommend strategies to address advantages and shortcomings of that data
- Work closely with the clinical team to develop clinical trial protocols, procedure requirements and define clinical endpoints
- Develop market and revenue models for new products and categories to inform investment decisions
- Develop comprehensive business proposals for new investment opportunities
- Develop complex commercialization strategies that lead to successful execution of the overall franchise strategy
- Acquire and analyze feedback from key opinion leaders, current and potential customers, third party market research and internal stakeholders. Establish relationships with key physician champions for key projects.
- Work with R&D in the development of user and design requirements for product offerings.
What we’re looking for in you
- Technical background and experience in surgical interventions preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in R&D, marketing, strategy, and/or business (or master’s degree with 2+ years of work experience)
- Must have ability to drive communication strategies, create and sustain relationship development/collaboration with a broad set of stakeholders, including Marketing, Clinical, R&D, and Health Economics.
- Demonstrated project management; defining and managing overall schedule for project and milestones (both owned & assigned to others); often serving as project lead coordinating activities of a cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience defining and utilizing a broad range of secondary research, primary qualitative and primary quantitative research techniques to identify and address customer insights on clinical data
- Ability to work on short deadlines with Legal, Regulatory, Clinical and Sales teams to quickly address published new data releases and articles
- Strong knowledge of clinical studies and messaging
- Proven business acumen
- Excellent MS PowerPoint, Excel skills
- Domestic and global travel up to 40%
Requisition ID: 538818
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: RF, Surgery, Clinical Research, Medical Research, Senior Product Manager, Science, Healthcare, Operations