Chewy is seeking graduating MBA students to join our merchandising teams as Senior Product Managers, to define and execute the product strategy for Chewy merchandising with our team based in Dania Beach, FL. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be the focal point, architect, lead designer, partial UI developer, release manager, tester, and overall lead to create our next generation vendor portal. As a product manager, you will develop and own the product features/enhancements roadmap + generate/own ideas for new capabilities/expansion opportunities while ensuring we continue to raise the bar for our customers. You must be obsessed with the customer: to understand customers’ pain points, gather feedback and translate into product requirements, prioritize feature implementations, and the overall experience for the end users (including internal & external users and as well as senior leadership).
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will act as an owner on Day 1, owning the end-to-end customer journey and product roadmap supporting merchandising & cross functional business needs. You will work with a cross-functional team to bring the Chewy experience to life by placing the customer’s needs first and creating a best in class experience for pet parents everywhere. As an SPM you will become a product subject matter expert and thought leader, have immediate visibility to senior leadership and the ability to drive your ideas forward.
While no two days at Chewy look the same, you can expect to:
- Understand the key features and functionality of the Chewy’s vendor partner experience and identify opportunities for optimization, new feature development, and innovation
- Utilize data to understand customer behavior/needs as well as business objectives; enable the team to transform that knowledge into product enhancements and new features
- Write detailed requirements and use cases/user stories and communicate them effectively with business stakeholders
- Create clear product requirements (e.g., JIRA user stories) and internal customer-facing product design documents
- Collaborate closely with UX Design team on primary/customer research, ensuring new features meet customer and business needs
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product owners, and program managers to share the product properties and work closely with the Scrum Master on the product backlog prioritization to ensure incremental delivery of features
- Help define and analyze measures of success (KPIs), pricing and revenue modeling for new features and enhancements; transform these customer and business insights into clear requirements for product enhancements and new features.
- Partner with analytics and product resources to assist with financial analysis needed to create business cases for new opportunities
- Use Agile methodologies to deliver and iterate on new features at a fast pace
What You’ll Need:
- Current enrollment in an MBA program with a graduation date of no later than June 2021
- 4-6 years of relevant, post Bachelor’s experience in: Merchandising, Business, eCommerce, Technology, Finance, Product Management, Category Management, Consulting, or related field
- Passion for innovation and ability to drive strategies to completion
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL and a strong knowledge of retail math. Tableau is a plus.
- Ability to lead, be nimble, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations and make trade-offs at all levels of management
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of ownership, customer obsession, the ability to keep up with the pace of E-Commerce, be data driven, think big, see around corners, and can think through complex systems design solutions
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization without future sponsorship. H1B transfers welcome to apply.
- Position may require travel