**DICK’S reviews application/interviews on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply early*
Do you want a career with a forward-thinking Fortune 400 company that is focused in sport. A company committed to making communities better by giving back to the underserved and protecting our public lands for all? If so, the DICK’S Sporting Goods (DSG) Internship is for you. Join a cohort of MBA students from some of the top business schools in the world to work on pressing business issues and present your solutions to directly to Executive Leadership.
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, our MBA Interns can work with and learn from the leaders of a growing company who is unafraid to use their resources to force change and pursue its mission. During the 10-week summer experience, Interns will take ownership of meaningful projects and make tangible contributions to our success.
As an Intern on our Strategy team, you will be assigned a cross-functional, strategic project that is top of mind to our Executive Leaders. At the conclusion of the summer, you will present your project directly to our CEO and President and other members of the Executive Leadership team. As a bonus to our program, you will have regular Q&A sessions with our Executive Team, take part in an executive visit to a strategic store market, and interact with some of the top brands in sports through your day-to-day work.
As a DICK’S MBA Intern, you will attend curated training sessions with key-members of the DSG team. These sessions are designed to help build your strategy skills and to give you the opportunity to learn the retail and ecommerce business. You may will also assist with additional ad hoc analysis/projects to provide a glimpse into what fulltime opportunities exist at DICKS Sporting Goods.
To support you throughout the summer, we have built a strong support system of managers and mentors. For project guidance, you will be paired with a senior leader who will take on the roles of Project Sponsor. For day-to-day management you will report directly to one of our former MBA hires. Additionally, you will have weekly status-checks and coaching from both leaders in our Strategy & Innovation Department and our Executive Development Program. This reporting structure will aid in transitioning you to the DSG team, the exploration of career goals, and will provide opportunities to develop professional and social networks within the company and the retail industry.
It is difficult to predict projects in advance due to the dynamic nature of our business, but past analysis and work performed by MBA hires at DSG includes:
- Formulate long-term strategic forecasts for by leveraging internal and external market data to understand the sales opportunities and growth for key categories or athlete segments
- Build strategies to retain the new customers earned during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Recommendations for new and modified brick and mortar and eCommerce concepts that were put into action, such as House of Sport and Public Lands which opened in 2021
The experiential learning you will receive will allow you to rapidly become a contributing member of the team, by driving results while focusing on your own personal development. If you join us, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an enthusiastic and supportive team culture, make a meaningful difference in our business decisions, and get a real peak behind the curtain of how a large company thinks about its growth strategies.
By being a part of the program, DICK’S will provide you with the following:
· Ownership + Delivery of Projects – You will own a high visibility project, focused on a key initiative
· Leadership Development – We will prepare you to be a leader through experiences both curated and organic
· Career Exploration – You will work and network across various functions as well as new leaders of the company
· Coaching and Support – You will regularly meet with our team of coaches and mentors to make sure you’re learning as much as possible
What we’re looking for:
· A documented history of academic distinction
· 3-5 years of previous work experience in a dynamic environment (consulting, strategy, finance, brand management, retail, etc.)
· Executive Presence
o Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the business from top to bottom
o Composure with senior leadership team in one-on-one conversations
o Experience influencing and presenting to senior leaders
· Demonstrated ability to analyze data, synthesize recommendations, and present your thoughts and next steps
· Passion for strategy, retail, sports and/or innovation
· Comfort working in an evolving, forward-thinking environment
Program Dates: June 6th – August 12th, 2022
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Currently, DSG teammates are working remotely, but will return to the office 3 days/week beginning Oct 2021 – subject to change). Furnished housing is provided for interns who reside outside of the Pittsburgh Metro area. We take care of all housing arrangements.
Full-time opportunities in 2023: Interns will be evaluated for our rotational leadership program, the MBA Executive Development Program after the end of the program for full-time positions in 2023.
Questions: Mallory.email@example.com – Sr. Recruiter, MBA Executive Development Program
Public Lands Commercial, Sept. 2021 Cranberry, PA