As a dedicated member of the Corporate Strategy team, you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of DICK’S Sporting Goods and rapidly become a contributing member of the team focused on driving results through effective execution and thought leadership. The Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy role affords you the ability to work both independently and with peers to lead high-priority strategic projects with regular touchpoints communicating out to the Senior Leadership team.
Working in tandem with the Senior Director of Strategy and Business Development, this role will grant you opportunities to network and build relationships with key stakeholders across a variety of functions in the business including Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Technology, and many others. This role will prepare you for future leadership positions, all while working on both high-visibility and high-priority projects and initiatives.
Strategic Initiatives: On-going project management & support of key initiatives set by Senior Leadership
· Conduct analyses for relevant projects to support, accelerate, and guide leadership decisions
· Engage & lead problem solving sessions with internal strategy colleagues to overcome project challenges
· Synthesize and present findings to senior leadership and organizational stakeholders as necessary
Competitive & Business Intelligence: Understanding the sporting goods and omni-channel retail landscape
· Aggregate & analyze competitive insights and prepare reports for organization & leadership on a regular cadence using both internal and 3rd party data sources
· Research new business trends and leverage expert interviews to build insights / recommendations on new business opportunities
· Collaborate with cross functional teams (including marketing and operations) to build out market level strategies in response to business intelligence updates
Company Strategy: Annual and forward-looking strategic plans and organizational goals
· Work with senior leadership to set-forth the organization’s strategic plan (both annual and multi-year) as well as any high priority goals / objectives
· Support strategy leadership in running the annual strategic off-site attended by the organization’s Executive Leadership Team and BOD
M&A / Business Development: Participate in strategic opportunities to build the DICK’S Sporting Goods investment portfolio
· Conduct strategic due diligence on target companies / opportunities working closely with internal finance team and 3rd party advisors to build out investment theses
· Create & lead a project management office / control tower to coordinate integration efforts across major functions within the organization
· Master’s Degree from a top tier MBA program required with Finance or Strategy concentration preferred.
· 2-4 years of experience in Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Internal Corporate Strategy for a Fortune 500 Company.
· Strong literacy in financial modeling
· Composure with Senior Leadership in 1:1 conversations; experience influencing and presenting to Senior Leaders
· Passion for Strategy, Retail, Sports, and/or Innovation
· Ability to problem solve issues across a wide range of business topics and functions
· Demonstrates an ability to work and build relationships with all levels of the business from entry-level teammates – the Executive Team
· Demonstrates an ability to analyze data and effectively synthesize recommendations
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· Experience creating or using presentations and other methods to drive projects / change within an organization