DroneDeploy is the leading enterprise-grade drone data platform for managing complex job sites. Trusted by brands globally, we have over 5,000 customers across 200 countries. Our software automates everything from flight to insight, making the power of drone data accessible and productive for everyone. We’re transforming data collection across a variety of industries, including energy, construction, and agriculture, enabling teams to survey large areas and make informed decisions quickly, safely, and accurately. Recognized as a Best Place to Work nationally and locally, we have a winning culture where our employees span across the globe and are empowered to think big to meet our customer’s current and future needs.
We are looking for an intern product manager to join our Energy & Emerging team to investigate, design, and build analytics products on top of the visual data captured in our platform. You will explore the market value and opportunity for new products in inspections and reporting in detail.
This role is an excellent route into product management, particularly for individuals with a background in business consulting, banking, or an MBA. DroneDeploy’s Energy & Emerging team is fast-moving and will require you to work cross-functionally across product, engineering, sales, and marketing.
While this role is posted in San Francisco, CA, we are open to hiring across the U.S.
- Investigate the addressable market and current best practice solutions for a range of inspection solutions across multiple industries.
- Support the design and launch of new products in collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Write detailed requirements, user stories, & acceptance criteria.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences. Can distill complex ideas into consumable chunks.
- Experience conducting market research and analysis
- Experience managing projects
- Track record showing bias towards action and ability to make things happen through self-initiatives
- MBA or business degree a plus
- Background in computer science or software technology a plus
- Understanding of the oil and gas, energy, solar power, or utilities industries a plus
- Experience working with end-user field productivity tools like Bluebeam, PlanGrid, Procore, Esri a plus
- Experience working with GIS production systems or geospatial software a plus
- Data analysis tools like Mixpanel, Amplitude, or BigQuery a plus
- Familiarity with B2B sales a plus
Life at DroneDeploy
We believe in a global work environment that empowers everyone to explore, grow, and make a meaningful impact. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area (SF Business Times), made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups (Forbes) and we work hard to maintain recognition status. Our team is creative, motivated, and committed to providing our customers the best drone software in the industry. We take feedback seriously, act with integrity, and constantly strive for improving our processes, benefits, products, and invest in our people.
Employee Programs & Benefits include:
Flexible work schedules
100% paid healthcare coverage for employees
$1,000 development reimbursement
$600 well-being reimbursement
Monthly remote-utility stipend
Flexible paid time off
Parental paid leave
Weekly virtual fitness classes
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.