** APPLICANTS MUST APPLY USING BOTH RESUME DROP AND WEBSITE APPLICATION **
The Strategic Capital Summer Associate will provide support to the Associates, Principals, and VP in M&A, equity investment, and growth partnership deal execution, strategy, competitive analysis, financial planning and project management. The position will be part of the ETS Strategic Capital team and will work with Strategic Business Unit (SBU) leadership and Finance to develop, support and execute strategies and actions that enhance growth opportunities and ensure long-term sustainable competitive advantage for the company and its business units. The successful individual will have a key role in all aspects of M&A, equity investments, and growth partnerships including deal sourcing, due-diligence, structuring, legal documentation, transaction closing, post-transaction integration. Activities will include acquisitions, mergers and divestitures, and equity investments / venture capital in both domestic USA and international markets.
This position is projected to start early to mid June and will last for a period of 10-12 weeks.
To APPLY, please follow below links:
Track business trends & market research, track key industry players, identify new market opportunities and help lead thesis/strategy definition, develop/track metrics for assessment of growth opportunities. Evaluate strategic opportunities and make recommendations to the team and potentially senior management concerning tactical plans/strategies (including risks) to implement new business growth activities. Support the ETS Strategic Capital team (VP, Principals, and Associates) with all M&A and equity investment deal processes including deal execution (market analysis, prospecting, deal sourcing, due diligence negotiations, legal documentation, financial modeling, financial advisory and valuation of strategic alternatives, risk assessment, scenario analyses, etc.), transaction closing and post-merger business integration.
Experience and Skills
Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or Science or other relevant subject
- Currently pursuing an MBA or Master’s Degree
- Strong proficiency in MS Office business applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
Relevant Years of Experience:
- 2 to 4 years of professional work experience
- Previous experience in one or more of the following preferred: investment banking, corporate M&A/business development, financial advisory, strategic advisory, private equity, or venture capital
- Some experience working on M&A and/or equity investment deals preferred, but not required Transactional experience, including (i) sell-side and buy-side M&A, debt and equity financing, and strategic advisory; (ii) valuation & return on investment (ROI) analyses (iii) assisting in negotiations
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal); Ability to manage conflicting deadlines; Critical thinker but with sense of urgency and bias for action; Strong convictions & emotional intelligence
- Ability to critically analyze and process high volumes of information and adapt to changing demands all while managing priorities; Good listener who can glean value from differing viewpoints
- Effective presentation abilities; strong analytical and evaluation skillset; ability to process differing ambiguous data and synthesize value metrics; Comfort with uncertainty
- Strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling and innovative problem-solving mentality Deep and growing professional network of business relationships to support deal sourcing
- Good knowledge of business contracts and experience working with legal and finance professionals
- Commitment to team-based environment and capable of working within cross-functional/multi-functional matrix organization; Ability to relate to diverse cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to manage priorities and maintain integrity in fast-paced challenging environment
- Strong credibility, candor and good ability to speak directly even when posing dissenting viewpoint
- Ability to be adaptable and manage competing responsibilities and deadlines
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.