To accomplish our aggressive growth plans, we are seeking a Director to work directly with the C-suite and the Chairman of the Board across various special projects as a critical strategic thought partner. This newly created position will help develop corporate strategy, evaluate entry into new markets, analyze new business opportunities and acquisitions, and determine prioritization of R&D spending. This position will have high visibility both internally and externally and will evolve and expand as the business needs change. Through the development of internal and external relationships, research, analysis, and financial modeling, this position will have significant influence on the future of the Company.
Austin, TX (or surrounding areas, including Dallas)
What you’ll be doing:
As the Strategic Business Consultant, you will be working directly with the CEO and other C-level team members as well as our Executive Chairman to drive projects of the highest strategic importance to the company. The projects will vary in size, scope and organizational area which will afford you the ability to interface with leaders across the organization and provide both a wide and deep understanding of the business. You will work with limited direction to oversee tactical and strategic initiatives that drive company performance, improve customer retention and satisfaction, enable revenue growth and enhance company profitability and efficiency. Example projects and responsibilities include:
· Merger and Acquisition due diligence and execution
· Develop and execute, in partnership with senior level management, a 5-year strategic plan
· Prioritization and direction-setting for Research & Development spend
· Identification and development of strategy for new end markets and/or products
· Sales enablement and process (e.g., potential partnerships, new business opportunities)
· Competitive market analyses
· Customer segmentation analyses
· Customer retention analyses and improvement initiatives
· Development of pricing strategies
Your essential passions:
1. You are a trailblazer. Manage the successful installation of new strategic initiatives (often cross-functional) that enable revenue growth and improve customer retention while providing tracking mechanisms of key metrics. You problem-solve and get things done in a competitive and fast-moving professional, corporate environment.
2. You are meticulous and great with numbers. Provide financial analysis and modeling along with generating formal project plans and recommendations including timeline, budget, and task assignments. You have strong strategic development and planning skills and are an outstanding oral and written communicator, adept at listening and presenting to various constituents.
3. You are collaborative. Work with executives and divisional managers on cross-company projects, developing business plans that address the needs of all key stakeholders.
4. You are ambitious. Drive varied strategic initiatives while learning about the business, the markets and the processes of the company to support someday taking a leadership position in the company.
Your background for success:
· MBA from top university with strong academic track record.
· Minimum three years’ experience in consulting, investment banking, project management, or SaaS.
· Skilled in Excel and experienced in financial modeling and business forecasting.
· Strong cross-group collaborator with exceptional general management skills and the ability to build relationships within an organization.
· Solid business acumen and strategic thinking capabilities, with an ability to connect near term initiatives to the bigger picture.
· Ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced, unstructured growth environment.
· Highly skilled in change management and driving organizational process improvements.
· Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment.
· Strong follow through and ability to see projects to completion without significant oversight required; ability to prioritize.