Company: SPB Global Corporation
SPB is an industrial leader in manufacturing FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Products). With a history in the household market of more than 50 years. Our headquarters are in Valencia (Spain). We have 4 manufacturing plants in Spain. Three in Valencia and one in Sevilla. And a fifth manufacturing plant in Germany. We also have an Innovation Centre. Our yearly turnover exceeds 140 MM with a workforce of more than 600 employees.
Our Mission is to deliver our customers household cleaning products and personal care products. With strong emphasis in quality and prize, plus a clear commitment with the environment and the health and safety of our employees. Our processes make use of the latest technology and are in continuous evolution. They are highly automated in order to enable us to be leaders in our sector.
Project: Market Research and Product Positioning in the US Market
SPB has developed a new premium brand for laundry care products: Voyêtre
This brand is currently commercialized in Europe. The objective of SPB is to launch it in the US market. For this reason, it requires the investigation of:
- The attributes from the Brand that are valued by the target consumer.
- Differences between consumers depending on geographical areas.
- Preferred channels for commercialization
The objective of the internship would be to answer these questions. Intern Role Description
- Identify free sources to obtain feed back regarding the brand attributes and products. Mainly social networks, etc. used by the target consumer.
- Check the feedback of the target consumer in reference to the brand attributes and products. For this purpose, the intern can use concept tests, questionnaires or any other appropriate means.
- Identify differences in the target consumer depending on the geographical area or other relevant parameters.
- Analyze the suitable commercialization channels for Voyêtre in the US Market, excluding big supermarket chains (ex: specialized retail, market places, etc.). Classified these eligible channels according to the potential sales.
- For all the above points, also locate partners that can help SPB to continue developing this market research once the internship concludes.
- Interests: Business Analytics, Chemistry, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Management
- Knowledge of Marketing and Market Research
- Level: Sophomore, Junior, Senior or higher
This opportunity could be for the summer or fall 2021. It is part time 10-20 hours/week.