Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. We provide fund administration services to the leading hedge funds of the world. With over $250billion in Assets under Administration the division employs over 700 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients analyze, understand and report the risk and performance of their portfolios, and to solve various analytics problems spanning from Performance Measurement to derivatives valuation. We consult closely with the clients and leverage the group’s proprietary web based applications. Typical areas of focus include:
- Performance Measurement – performance attribution over different periods and different levels of granularity, including by geography, sector/industry, market cap; FX attribution etc.
- Risk Management – VAR Analysis, Stress Testing, Exposure Analysis, Liquidity, Beta, Fundamental Factor exposure and risk contribution
- Client Transparency Reporting – Using our patented Stratum reporting platform.
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree with a quantitative/econ/finance background.
- Interest in finance, portfolio analysis, statistics & technology is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Looking for someone who is a quick learner, is adaptive, a team player, can multitask, has a strong work ethic, excellent oral and written communication skills and has comfort with client interaction.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Bloomberg is required.
- Ability to manipulate and do computations on financial data sets using a programming language such as R or Python
- Ability to analyze the risk & performance of investments at both a security and portfolio level, and to communicate the results of analysis both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Support Hedge Fund clients in their use of our proprietary web based performance and risk applications.
- Consult clients on internal/external reporting.
- Investigate any issues relating to the user interface, calculations, or discrepancies across systems.
- Work with the team to create investor transparency reports for select clients. Strict adherence to accuracy required.
- Participate in sales pitches