Looking to jumpstart your career at a company that offers real opportunities to flourish?
Look no further than Pacific Life. We’re investing in bright, agile new talent with fresh perspectives to help us innovate and build meaningful relationships for years to come. It’s in this spirit that we are currently looking to add a Real Estate MBA Intern to our Pacific Life Investments team for Summer 2022.
Our dynamic team of real estate professionals provides high-quality commercial real estate investment through direct mortgage loan originations, equity investments, commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS), and real estate investment trust (REIT) debt purchases. Interested candidates will be exposed to a variety of strategies, real estate asset classes, and markets as they help grow our multi-billion dollar portfolio.
As a Real Estate MBA Intern, you will play a key role on three teams during your internship: the Underwriting team, where you will sit at the hub between new investments and our in-house portfolio management team; Mortgage Originations, which remotely embeds you with a field office responsible for new loan production; and Equity Investments, which pursues multifamily direct acquisitions and joint ventures.
Throughout the internship, you’ll gain a breadth and depth of experience as you perform research, analytical, and underwriting duties, and provide written and verbal presentations to a variety of team members. You will be invited to all investment committee meetings, participate in tailored training sessions, be paired with both an Associate and Executive mentor, and gain insight into Pacific Life’s broader investment platform beyond real estate.
This opportunity will be located at our headquarters in Newport Beach, California. Despite the COVID pandemic, Pacific Life has remained safe, stable and productive, thanks to our embracing of digital processes and commitment to a people-first culture. Our internship program has received consistently high praise from previous intern classes, a sign of our commitment and dedication to the next generation of real estate professionals.
What You’ll Gain
- Institutional investment and underwriting exposure on multiple property types, including multifamily, office, retail, industrial hotel and others.
- Risk analysis skills such as financial modeling, market research, and due diligence.
- Exposure to Pacific Life’s multiple real estate investment strategies.
- Career counseling, goal setting and information mentorship opportunities.
Factors for Success
- Currently in first year of a Master’s degree in Real Estate or MBA with an emphasis in Real Estate.
- Exceptional math and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in software applications for real estate investment analysis including Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Work experience in evaluation and underwriting of investment risks associated with commercial real estate is desirable.
A people-first mentality is all too rare at a Fortune 300 company like Pacific Life, yet this approach is apparent in everything we do. From our work offering tools that help our members to succeed to our generous benefits and flexibility, allowing our employees to thrive in every facet of their lives, to our renowned oceanic and environmental work, we do work that matters. See how we harness the Power of Pacific to fulfill our shared purpose – apply for one of our positions and grow your career with Pacific Life today!
How We Help You Succeed:
Our Summer Internship Program has become Pacific Life’s talent pipeline for full time early career opportunities. The University Relations team ensures each intern has a well-rounded positive experience to help them reach their career goals. The Summer Program includes:
- Professional Development
- Executive Mentorship Program
- Collaborative Environment
- Real World Work
- Social Events
- Training and Education
- Networking and Exposure to Leadership
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.