Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE: RJF) is a Fortune 500 public company with a client first culture in the financial services industry. The firm’s core businesses include the private client group, capital markets, asset management, and banking. Raymond James has 8,200 financial advisors serving approximately 3 million client accounts in more than 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. Total client assets are over $877 billion. Public since 1983, the firm has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1986.
Assistant to the Chairman Internship
Assistants to the Chairman work for the firm’s Chairman Emeritus, Tom James and Chairman & CEO, Paul Reilly as well as other senior leaders on strategic projects that impact the ongoing success of the company. In the role, Assistants to the Chairman will participate in the firm’s Board of Directors meetings, Department Head Meetings, and other senior-level management meetings. Assistants to the Chairman have the unique opportunity of having monthly and quarterly mentorship meetings as a team and one-on-one with members of senior management.
Assistants to the Chairman are responsible for leading a range of projects including: creating new investment products, developing firm strategy, identifying international opportunities, recommending improvements to existing lines of business, and implementing those recommendations. The responsibilities of the position are dynamic and evolve in response to the ever-changing market and competitive environments facing Raymond James. The program has a rich legacy, with previous participants reaching senior level positions throughout the company. Former Assistants to the Chairman currently serve as Chief Financial Officer, President of the Asset Management Group, President of Carillon Tower Advisers, Chief Marketing Officer, and Chief Operating Officer of Equity Capital Markets among various other senior executive roles.
In the summer position, the Assistant to the Chairman Intern leads two projects typical of the full-time program, culminating with a recommendation presentation with Tom James, Paul Reilly and other members of the Executive Committee. The summer experience provides a great opportunity to network with senior executives at the company, as well as learn the financial services business from a top-down perspective.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, team-oriented, and has a demonstrated history of success. Previous Assistants to the Chairman have come from diverse backgrounds including management consulting, investment banking, private equity, asset management, wealth management, corporate strategy, law, military, operations management, public accounting, and commercial and retail banking.
- Currently enrolled in the first year of a fully accredited MBA program.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant business experience.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills
- Experience leading and working in teams with a shared goal
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, interpersonal, verbal, and written) with the goal of influencing outcomes
- Highly motivated and independent self-starter with a high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to address complex business problems
- Orientation for detail as well as the ability to think both strategically and conceptually
- Strong interest in the financial services industry
- Please complete your application on the Raymond James online job portal. We encourage you to review additional information about the program online at https://www.raymondjames.com/careers/students-and-recent-grads/assistant-to-the-chairman.
- Submit both cover letter and resume. Please submit as separate files, and include your full name in the name of the file as shown in the following: “Doe, Jane – Resume.pdf”
- Flexible summer start dates between mid-May and early June 2021; internship to last 10-12 weeks
For additional information, please reach out to Amber Grace at A2CRecruiting@raymondjames.com.