The Director of Marketing & Communications will lead Rippleworks’ efforts to engage our key audiences with compelling storytelling and knowledge sharing to ultimately help impactful social ventures scale in order to improve more lives.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this person will lead our marketing team and collaborate closely with the entire organization to identify and execute a broad range of marketing activities that:
- Leverages content and knowledge sharing to influence the larger social venture ecosystem
- Proactively drive the success of Rippleworks programs with scaling social ventures
- Build the Rippleworks brand & positioning
- Deliver engaging internal communications at Rippleworks
Specifically, you will:
- Design and drive Rippleworks’ thought leadership activities to inform & inspire key audiences. Rippleworks’ long-term strategy is centered on ensuring scaling social ventures have access to the people, skills, and capabilities that are needed to scale and improve more lives — and Rippleworks can’t do it alone. You will lead efforts to create knowledge, distribute learnings, and activate conversations for audiences that include social ventures, funders, and capacity builders. You will design the strategy and lead the execution, which can include a variety of activities such as publishing high-visibility articles, leading in-depth research initiatives, procuring/producing presentations and speaking engagements.
- Oversee all things Marketing at Rippleworks. You will be responsible for managing the Marketing team / function at Rippleworks, ensuring that we are proactively supporting the needs of each Rippleworks program while overseeing and managing the overall Rippleworks brand & positioning. You will set the strategy, direction, planning for Marketing activities based on business targets, needs, and priorities, including setting annual & quarterly planning, setting OKRs and KPIs, and managing the Marketing team, resources, and budget. You will also play a key role as a thought partner to each Rippleworks initiative for how Marketing can help push the boundaries of what is possible in bringing high-value resources to more social ventures.
- Help the Rippleworks team & culture thrive through internal communications. You will work with cross-functional teams to manage our all-company meetings and internal communications at Rippleworks. You will lead working groups, partner with our Chief People Person, and delegate responsibilities (such as for our quarterly Team Retreats) to help the 25+ person team stay aligned, inspired, and engaged with one another across our multiple teams.
- Play a role in shaping Rippleworks’ growth and future. As an entrepreneurial organization, each team member is key to shaping our evolution and influencing our overall strategy and impact. You will especially have the opportunity to drive our learning and inform our strategy decisions as you lead our work in informing & inspiring key audiences, which is one of the main pillars of our long-term strategy.
- Communication. You have an exceptional ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas in a clear and engaging manner using oral, written, visual, and non-verbal communication skills. You are capable of translating complex ideas into information that is understandable to a wide and diverse audience.
- Strategic Agility: You develop a forward thinking, broad, big-picture view while fluidly operationalizing tactical plans.
- Agile Learning. You continuously and actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as growth opportunities.
- Domain Know-how: You serve as an expert on all things marketing related. You constantly strive to get smarter and stay current on latest thinking so that you can adapt practices to be uniquely Rippleworks. You balance your marketing expertise with a willingness to let go of habits or traditional ways of doing things in order to create innovative or unique solutions.
- Drive for Meaningful Results: You help drive and manage a vision and purpose by creating and communicating a compelling/inspiring future. You deliver, and mobilize others to deliver, results that make a positive impact around the world and in their own lives.
- Interpersonal Savvy: You relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. You use deep empathy to build relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Customer Focus: You deeply understand our customer needs and how we deliver value to them. You know what solutions can meet or exceed our customers’ expectations and are capable of effectively communicating these solutions to potential customers.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in marketing, knowledge sharing, thought leadership, and/or content creation. Direct experience leading a marketing or communications function as the one responsible for strategy creation and results.
- Experience leading marketing or communications activities to inform and inspire audiences, such as publishing articles, driving high-visibility distribution, leading research or knowledge creation projects, creating engaging presentations or convenings, or being the editor of business-focused content
- Demonstrated leadership in creating, iterating, leading multi-year marketing strategies based on organizational goals
- Familiarity with the global social venture ecosystem (social ventures, funders, capacity builders)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with direct experience bring a brand’s voice to life through a variety of channels and mediums
- Experience building or managing an early team preferred
What We Offer
- Don’t take a pay cut to do good in the world! We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short term + long term disability insurance, 401K + employer match, parking & commuter allowance, flexible PTO (non-accrued vacation), wellness/self-care stipends, Spotify premium accounts, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field. Our Study Abroad program funds personal learning experiences abroad for employees to better understand the different geographies, cultures, and sectors that we support. And we know travel can be tiring! Our No Place Like Home policy encourages employees to take a day off after Rippleworks-related travel to catch up on sleep, do some laundry, or spend some extra time with your family.
- Kickstart your lifelong journey of giving back: Through our Community Grants program, employees have the opportunity to give a $50K grant to a local community nonprofit doing meaningful work in an area that the employee is passionate about. We also provide a $2,500 charitable donation match for financial and volunteer hour contributions.
- A culture that values professional & personal growth: We provide an external professional coach for every team member who wants one and a learning budget to put towards professional development. We also hold monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- A flexible, hybrid remote work environment in which team members have flexible time off, set their own work hours, and decide whether to work remotely or in an office
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values learning together, recurring Slack jokes, and debating where to go to lunch (when we’re in person together!)