Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 13 5 ,000 + employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Innovation @ The Edge team of Schneider Electric invests in new ideas, emerging technologies and business models that both challenge and complement the Schneider Electric of today—and help build the Schneider Electric of tomorrow. From partnerships, seeding and accelerating startups, incubations, and joint ventures with established firms, we are covering the globe and working with entrepreneurs to turn bold ideas into reality.
The internship with the I@E team is an outstanding opportunity to get a front row seat into the inner-workings of a premier corporate venture capital group and partnership team serving the leader in energy management and industrial automation. As part of the internship you will help support the team’s deep dive process into topics of strategic interest to the venture fund, partnerships, and incubation teams. You will help build the team’s understanding of the current solutions and pain points in a strategic space along with the landscape of startups addressing these pain points.
Components of your work in the deep dive process included:
· Working with parties from Schneider Electric business units and SE Ventures to identify priority areas for partnership and investment
· Analyzing venture capital activity across relevant segments to identify which areas are attracting the most capital / interest
· Building an understanding of the market size, growth, and opportunity for segments of interest
· Defining the competitive landscape and product offerings from incumbents in this space
· Running customer interviews to identify major pain points and areas of need
· Organizing and leading calls with various startups working on priority topics for Schneider to understand and benchmark technical offerings
· Presenting recommendations on startups with compelling value propositions for partnership and/or investment
• Skilled in integrating consumer research and large amounts of internal and external data (quantitative and qualitative) to develop strategic and actionable recommendations.
• Proven track record in design research methods and applications.
• Ability to manage a direct, senior stakeholder set
• Confident communicator, storyteller and influencer
• Strong cross-group collaborator
• Experienced project management and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Must be comfortable with “blank sheet of paper” exercise-must love creating and building, being smart about leveraging what is there but also envisioning what isn’t there
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.