Role: VP – Finance & Planning
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Boulder, CO
Reports To: CEO
Compensation Range: $145,000 to $170,000 base salary annually depending on experience, plus substantial bonus opportunities.
The VP of Finance & Planning is responsible for setting the strategy and overseeing the tactical execution of all the finance, accounting, HR, administration and operations planning aspects at Skratch Labs. While finance, accounting, HR and administration all typically fall into the “finance” department at most companies, at Skratch Labs, we also include supply / demand planning, vendor management, product sourcing and project management as part of this role. You will be managing a very talented team of three full-time employees and one independent contractor to cover all these responsibilities. Also, as the leader of the Finance & Planning department, this position is an integral part of the executive management team and plays a critical part in setting and achieving short-term goals as well as longer-term objectives.
I am an experienced finance professional but also consider myself to be an operational executive. I am comfortable wearing many hats and understanding multiple facets of a business. I set a high standard for accurate work and my attention to detail is exemplary. I am capable of employing imaginative thought to situations and problem solving and am open to new processes and solutions. I am a good communicator both internally and externally. I want nothing more than to join an emerging brand with an amazing small company culture in the shadows of the Boulder Flatirons and be a part of a team that will lead the company in hitting its goals.
● Be a key and contributing member of the Skratch Labs Leadership Team which defines
overall company strategy and goals.
● Lead the Finance, Administrative and HR functions at Skratch Labs, including setting
policies and procedures for the entire company across these functions.
● Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, tax management, budgeting,
balance sheet and risk management.
● Contribute to optimizing employee benefits, oversee new employee recruiting, determine
compensation philosophy, manage payroll procedures and work to achieve a culture in
line with Skratch Labs’ Core Values.
● Lead the annual operations planning process including SKU Rationalization,
departmental planning, bottoms-up revenue forecasting and completing a final budget.
● Oversee supplier/manufacturer management, including supply chain, and inventory
management to ensure that the company is positioned to meet sales opportunities and
growth plans without running out of stock.
● Oversee facilities management on the office side.
● Lead, mentor, and manage the Skratch Labs Finance and Planning Team.
● Extensive understanding of accounting and finance, taxes, budgeting and forecasting.
● Extensive understanding of business risk, capital management and resource allocation.
● Extensive understanding of supply chain management.
● General understanding of product development and project management.
● General knowledge of information technology and systems.
● General understanding of food safety and certification.
● General understanding of the sales and marketing process.
● General understanding of customer service and fulfillment/warehousing.
2. Skills and Abilities:
● Excellent management and employee mentoring skills
● Excellent critical thinking skills
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to work collaboratively
● Proficient in computer systems and programs
● Extensive Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets knowledge
● Ability to interact with high level executives
● A degree in Business or related area, and/or an MBA are great to have, but we know
they’re not required to be successful.
● 7 plus years of executive level finance experience
● Multiple years of consumer packaged goods’ operations or similar executive experience
● Multiple years managing contract manufacturers or supply demand planning
If this describes and inspires you, please complete a 10-minute survey and send your resume and a short description about why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “VP – Finance & Planning” in the subject line.