Are you passionate about leading complex discussions, understanding and analyzing organizational architecture and designing business interactions? Are you a pro at defining new organizational frameworks and operating models to ensure successful delivery of a company’s mission, vision and strategy? If so, Slalom Boston may be the place for you to do your best work.
At Slalom, we are driven by diversity of thought, curiosity, and authenticity. We recognize that no two journeys are the same. Whether you embody all of these qualities or you are energized by loving your work and life, we want to hear from you.
Slalom Boston’s Organizational Transformation team helps clients of all kinds redefine what’s possible, give shape to the future—and get there. We focus on high-impact projects, meeting our clients where they are to uncover business needs and deliver results. Our teams go beyond the expected to help clients move confidently through ambiguity and risk and drive more transformative outcomes.
In this role, you will interact with executive-level clients in advising them on how to prepare their organization for transformation. This may include helping clients strategize for their next phase, guide them on how to leverage new technology and analytics to propel growth, react to new market trends and consumer behaviors, redefine their ways of working, and develop the capabilities needed for their next phase of growth – all while being an advocate for organizational change.
What You’ll Do
- Craft and deliver quality solutions in business transformation areas, including organizational design, operating and governance models, capability development, change strategy, and cultural transformation
- Collaborate with businesses to transform and achieve their vision and objectives by aligning the organization, the operating model, the people and the processes
- Operate with a strong client-focus to drive real business outcomes
- Conduct organizational assessments to understand the current organizational landscape, readiness levels, operating model strengths and gaps, potential challenges and change drivers within a client organization
- Identify potential points of resistance and performance gaps, and work with the client to develop and implement corrective actions towards organizational effectiveness
- Lead the design and facilitation of strategic planning sessions – helping align leaders around a shared mission, vision and strategy of a business unit
- Implement agile and lean practices to create effective client teams that are strategic, efficient, and cohesive
- Provide thought leadership on organizational strategy and enablement
- Position yourself with the client as a partner expert to build and maintain senior level relationships
- Support internal Slalom initiatives (e.g. Business Development, Recruiting) and be involved in growing the OE Practice
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of proven experience conducting organizational current-state assessments, developing organizational/transformational strategies, and planning around organizational operating and governance models
- Expertise within organizational assessment & organizational readiness for enterprise transformation, workforce planning and organizational design/structure that allows for capability development and organizational scaling
- Expertise in strategic planning, developing role descriptions and conducting job/role mapping, journey mapping and personas
- Experience designing business processes, decision-making and interactions that drive business strategy and outcomes
- Proven competitive research and analysis skills to define employee experience strategy and align this to organizational design
- Ability to lead the design and facilitation of strategic planning sessions – helping align leaders around a shared mission, vision and strategy of a business unit
- Proven experience in large-scale, complex business transformation and/or technology adoption efforts
- Expert skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and collaboration / facilitation tools such as Miro or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Organizational Development or alike
- 5+ years in a management consulting environment strongly preferred
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom’s teams have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance. Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.