The Responsible Investing (RI) team are subject matter experts on environmental and social issues and work in tandem with our Governance team to support Analysts and Portfolio Managers in integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations into the investment process.
The RI Analyst will work closely with Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers across T. Rowe Price’s investment platform to aid in integrating ESG analysis into the investment process. The position will be broad and varied involving attending meetings with issuers, industry conferences, managing large data models, conducting issuer ESG analysis and writing ESG related reports. The successful candidate should have modelling experience and working knowledge of accounting and finance coupled with a keen interest and passion for investing. Working alongside experienced investors on our global platform will help you learn the necessary skills to develop into a successful investor.
- Conducting ESG analysis of securitized and municipal bond issuers, which includes collecting data and researching specific environmental and/or social issues impacting the issuer.
- Writing ESG related reports for both internal and external use.
- Assisting Credit Analysts in evaluating ESG factors that impact their coverage.
- Handling various projects such as the refinement/development of our ESG assessment framework for municipal and securitized bonds
- Attending investment conferences and field trips, and reporting key findings.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis experience including accounting & financial modelling skills
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets
- Strong writing skills
- Candidate should be highly motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 7+ years of professional investment experience
- Knowledge of securitized and/or municipal bond markets
- Competitive nature / team player
- Experience with market data services (ex. FactSet, Bloomberg etc.)
- CFA designation or in progress
- Knowledge of coding