What to Expect
- The Tesla Energy team is committed, and fast-moving. We are a group of engineers that sit at the center of business development, Tesla technology, and the deployment of stationary storage projects on the grid. As a member of our team, you will help to shape the success of our projects in various applications worldwide. You must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Be a key technical member of the commercial team that focuses on evaluating and defining new Tesla Energy Storage Product sales opportunities and working to deploy products against them.
What You’ll Do
- Work with prospective customers to identify the best commercial and technical fit of Tesla’s battery systems by creating and defining the business case
- Work closely with Jr. Solutions/Sales Engineer to complete the financial and preliminary site design for customers
- Work with the customer and sales team to negotiate technical contracts
- Understand regional energy markets and utilities, define, and disseminate functional requirements with internal business and engineering colleagues
- Work with the sales team to evaluate new market segments and perform an analysis of storage potential.
- Participate in ongoing proceedings related to tariffs and market mechanisms to inform/update modeling processes.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of work experience in the energy industry
- Top-tier academic background (electrical engineering preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in analysis to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated experience related to energy markets and utilities
- Demonstrated experience working with utilities on generation development and interconnection
- Ability to breakdown complex engineering ideas for customers new to storage
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel
- Deep passion for changing the way we use energy on the electric grid
- BS or MS, Engineering in areas of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Engineering Management with Energy specialization, Management Science and Engineering with Energy specialization, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- Ability to keep track of quickly changing market conditions regarding storage funding, product development, and competitive landscape.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
LGBTQ+ care concierge services
401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
Tesla Babies program
Employee discounts and perks program
$72,000 – $230,400/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.