We’re an exciting, visionary mobility start-up company looking for a Director of Business Development/CEO.
The startup is youthful, passionate, focused, and eager to build its presence quickly. In addition to equity, salary, and perks, the startup’s Business Development Director position offers an extraordinary opportunity for a self-driven, smart Business Development professional to make a favorable impact on the sector and pop culture, in a relatively short time.
If you’re a smart, hungry Business Development professional who has a passion for strategy, deal-making, and business – and you seek to work in an exciting environment -, then you’ll love the position and the startup.
Depending on the candidate, the Director of Business Development position can be a short-term role with the person having an opportunity to serve as CEO after the early stage if there’s mutual agreement. The CEO role/responsibilities can be hewn according to the person’s skill set and experience.
Note: Depending on a candidate’s current obligations/responsibilities, the position can be a part-time, remote/telecommute project in the short term while the startup is still in the early stage. In addition, the role is remote during the COVD-19 pandemic and recovery.
Equity, Competitive Salary and Perks
West Coast Offices (Los Angeles/Santa Monica and San Diego) and Remote/Telecommute (negotiable)
About the Startup:
The startup is in stealth mode, and a succinct, detailed description of the startup and its plans is available upon inquiry. The startup is in stealth mode because it is an early-stage startup that has first-to-market advantage.
The start-up company’s efforts and goals are different from what’s offered by both large and small companies currently operating in the still-growing $45+ billion-dollar industry (US market revenue). In fact, its business plan is revolutionary in the industry. The startup re-imagines the industry as a thoroughly modern, addictive joy for consumers – meeting both leisure and corporate needs. The startup is both a business-to-consumer and business-to-business company.
The startup, among other things, will tap an existing non-traditional supplier network initially, as well as bring aboard new non-traditional suppliers as business clients – aside from (small and large) traditional business clients. Although the startup is first-to-market in its services, 2 other companies incurred the expense of successfully validating the legality of one of the startup’s services.
About the Position:
The startup is building a world-class team and seeks to transform the industry. The Director of Business Development will partner in the startup’s vision, help shape the trajectory of the company’s efforts and be a driving force behind the company’s growth. The Director of Business Development will also be important as concerns fundraising strategy and the startup’s goal of rapid scaling.
• Help identify, establish, and develop strategic alliances and partnerships
• Establish effective senior-level contacts in partner organizations
• Assist in the development and execution of our go-to-market strategy for each service
• Collaborate closely with the startup’s founders/executive management to refine the startup’s strategic direction(s)
• Help identify new (and innovative) business opportunities
• Manage contract negotiations working with the startup’s legal counsel, as necessary
• Seek feedback from customers and business partners, as well as develop and implement procedures to benchmark our performance performance
• Commitment to driving revenue growth at the startup and to helping the startup build a sustainable, scalable business
• Assist in actively developing and managing a pipeline of prospective strategic partnerships
• Candidate should be willing to wear several hats depending on the needs of the start-up and its changing trajectory as it grows
• Have fun and love what you do
• MBA/JD; BS in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Finance/similar discipline and experience to replace an MBA/JD
• Several years of experience in business development, marketing, and/or sales
• Experience in a startup or early-stage environment is a plus
• Experience working with an e-commerce or technology company is a plus
• Excellent (verbal and written) communication, negotiation, and organization skills
• A highly proactive, problem-solving orientation with canny strategic and analytical abilities
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
• Self-driven/highly motivated team builder and business development aficionado who leads with a positive attitude
• Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, among other business software
• Strong time-management and project management skills
How to Apply:
If you have an interest in the Business Development Director/Co-founder position, please send an email that includes your resume/CV, your LinkedIn profile (if you have one), as well as any additional materials/links that you think would help in evaluating your candidacy, to firstname.lastname@example.org.