Want to use your critical thinking & problem-solving abilities to influence the future of eCommerce?
eCommerce Site Operations Internship is critical in enhancing our eCommerce performance and creating a unique and frictionless site experience for our customers – within one of our Divisions (SBUS, Strategic Business Units) or on the Central team. This person will identify and drive key strategic initiatives within eCommerce, inform our product roadmap and tooling, build out robust reporting and KPIs, and define and roll out scalable best practices and site optimization efforts. They’ll drive impact, improvement, and innovation to create a truly frictionless online shopping experience and grow our eCommerce business.
The 10-week program is designed to immerse students into experiences that prepare them to be future leaders in Walmart eCommerce. The program allows you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional education and development. We are seeking students with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional or educational experience in Consumer, Technology, or Strategy roles.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You understand how customers shop online… and use strategic thinking and innovation to create a truly frictionless online shopping experience and help drive our eCommerce business.
· You’re a strategic problem-solver… breaking down complex and ambiguous issues, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating recommendations.
· You’re a visionary…constantly looking for ways to set us apart from the competition, spotting new and innovative technology that can make shopping experience easy, convenient, and fun.
· You’re an inspiring communicator…leading broad organizational changes isn’t easy, but you educate and motivate others to move forward through effective structured communication and storytelling.
· You build trust quickly & lead by influence…creating sustainable business impact through cross-functional partnership, as well as end-to-end ownership.
· You use data and insights… to make informed and impactful decisions and know how to translate complex information into user-friendly insights, influencing business strategy and driving action.
· You’ve got analytical skills… or not afraid to learn some common analytical & data visualization tools, such as: Looker, Tableau, SQL, etc.
· You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
You’ll make an impact by:
· Setting strategic direction for eCommerce business by defining, prioritizing and driving high-impact strategic initiatives that influence the overall direction for the site.
· Creating an exemplary site experience for your division – You’ll help drive the holistic site strategy and operational performance for your division and play a key role in enhancing the customer journey on our site to win customers’ hearts and minds. Using market and customer data, you’ll enable a seamless and optimized experience, helping to manage the product roadmap and tooling needs, reporting and KPIs, A/B testing, taxonomy, search, SEO, and more.
· Becoming an invaluable thought partner to internal stakeholdersbycollaborating with various internal teams to design solutions, unify and scale best practices, drive continual assessment and improvement of the site’s strategic direction and execution.
· Communicating effectively to achieve leadership support and influence large groups of cross-functional stakeholders.
· Providing data-driven insights and analysis to understand drivers of performance, predict outcomes and influence the development and deployment of business and site strategies.
· Successfully navigating in ambiguous environments, with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, in pursuit of end-to-end business process improvement.
What you’ll need:
· MBA from a nationally recognized, top-tier program with a focus in general business, finance, or strategy
· Professional experience in Strategy, Business Operations, Product, or quantitative roles
· Strong customer obsession focused on building the right site experience for our customer
· Strategic mindset with ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems
· Analytical toolkit, comfortable making data-driven decisions, and thirst for continuous improvement
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
· Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other greatperks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and muchmore.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.