Windsor Management is seeking a VicePresident of Finance. The position is newly-formed at a quickly growing womenowned business. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, training, and mentoring all personnel of the Finance and Leasing divisions and responsibility for hiring new employees as we grow
- Ownership of Windsor’s corporate accounting
- Handling elevated, sensitive issues as necessary on behalf of the team; this may include – but is far from limited to – guiding owners in order to maximize their long-term cash flows, lease negotiations, and
- Improving and, as necessary, establishing new intra- and inter-division procedures and best practices
- Working with outsourced IT to ensure smooth execution of automation and our technology stack
- Working with Windsor’s ownership to guide the strategic direction of the company as we grow
Windsor Management, founded in 2009,is a third-party commercial property management company based in Lafayette, CA.We manage over 200 office, light industrial, and retail buildings on behalf ofprofessional investors, retired property investors, and inheritors. Windsor hasgrown faster than 40% p.a. over the past 3 years with minimal sales andmarketing – satisfied owners, brokers, and vendors have recommended us to buildingowners. With several key hires, a marketing plan, improved SEO, and a quicklygrowing network of brokers recommending us, we are targeting 60% growth andbelieve we may surpass that based on our current pipeline. We are looking for amotivated teammate who can help carry out our current 5-year strategic growthplan.
The VP of Finance position does notrequire prior real estate experience. Your MBA satisfies any necessary bookknowledge and we are prepared for on-the-job training. Windsor will sponsoryour CA Real Estate Salesperson and CA Real Estate Broker Licenses as well. Thebest framework for this position is that of a startup company, even though weare not in the technology space. Our competitors generally rely on lowerskilled staff as commoditized on-site assets and their ability to hire saidlower skilled labor is the core of their business. Windsor has targeted a moretalented team of property managers, accounting, leasing, and operations staffproducing a better product – hence our rapid recent growth – but requiring moreinternal coordination, setup for automation, and the right culture to succeed.
Skills that would be most importantto your success in the position:
- Understanding how our customers – the property owners – and those on the Windsor team think and operate allows you to solve the customer problems and lead your division
- Making owners and teammates feel heard eases their mind and makes them more receptive to our solutions
- Ability and confidence to set and enforce culture: it is key to maintaining high standards as we grow
- Understanding intra-organization friction: leveraging the software, maximizing meeting effectiveness, and improving flow amongst the team to generate the largest ROI
- Accounting and finance: we keep the books for the properties we manage and advise the property owners on long-term profit maximization of their assets. The technical tasks, done by VP of Finance or by subordinates, will include:
- Three statement financials and cash flow projections for the properties we manage
- General ledger entry, bank reconciliations, budgeting, and cash flow projections for Windsor’s corporate books
- Set up of common area maintenance (CAM) groups, pools, base years, etc. [note: we expect no familiarity and will train you on this; our automation of CAM and other property-related items is one of the many reasons our gross margin is almost 40% despite being a human-capital-based business]
- Cap rates and real estate value creation for property owners
Compensation will include base payand an annual performance-based bonus tied to the profit growth of the company.We offer health insurance, 401k matching, FSA, sponsored vision and dental, PTO,and sick days.