The purpose of the Family Business Club is to build a community of MIT Sloan students who come from, plan to join, or hope to start a family business. The club aims to provide an opportunity for education, networking, and dialogue around the dynamics of family-run businesses, both domestic and international. The mission of the club is to draw together students of diverse backgrounds to strengthen the network of businesses that are family and privately owned.
Members will have the opportunity to initiate, engage, and participate in:
– Speaker series on various issues within family businesses such as succession planning, estate planning, and effective governance
– Club-wide mixers with a spotlight on individual members sharing their experiences, learnings and goals related to their family business
– Treks to family-run businesses in Boston
– Attendance at Family Business conferences
– Workshops with alumni on family business case studies