Envoy | 2023 Immigration Trends Report |
Insights from 500+ HR Professionals Specializing in Corporate Immigration and Global Mobility
In Envoy Global’s 8th annual Immigration Trends Report, we surveyed over 500 HR professionals who specialize in corporate immigration and global mobility for companies across the U.S. The survey covers employer sentiments on the U.S. immigration system, global immigration trends, corporate best practices, and more.
In 2023, the global immigration landscape is being shaped by factors like mass tech layoffs, STEM talent moving to new industries and the Biden administration’s actions on immigration policy. As a result, employers are reassessing and adapting their strategies to navigate these shifting conditions.
This year’s report captures the temperature of the business community and forecasts what is to come, covering:
- The impact of macroeconomic factors on employer demand to hire foreign talent
- Offshoring, nearshoring and outsourcing of foreign talent
- Employer sentiments on the U.S. immigration system
- Benchmarking for corporate immigration programs
1. Foreign employees on visa sponsorship were negatively impacted by layoffs and hiring freezes in 2022, but they remain highly sought after by U.S. employers.
2. Immigration barriers in the U.S. are leading employers to relocate foreign employees overseas and outsource jobs.
3. Employers largely appreciate the Biden administration’s direction on employment-based immigration but believe significant improvements are still needed.
4. Companies require more support, both internally and externally, to meet their immigration and global mobility