Welcome to the Consulting Community
This is a community for those interested in Consulting careers, and brings together news, resources and events from the CDO, Clubs, and MIT Sloan community.
- Sample Companies
- Sample Job Roles
- Every year, a large number of MIT Sloan business students, across multiple programs, are recruited for internships and full-time roles in consulting. These firms are looking for students with:
- Conceptual problem-solving/analytical/quantitative skills
- Persuasive communication skills and ability to influence change
- Client relationship skills
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptable to diverse working environments
- Project management/prioritization
As consulting firms hire large classes of business graduates, their recruiting process involves a number of events where representatives meet large numbers of students, and a multi-stage interview process. Recruiting begins early for these roles.
- Altman Vilandrie • AlixPartners • Analysis Group • Bain & Company • BCG • Cicero Group • co:collective • Cornerstone Research • Deloitte Consulting • EY-Parthenon • Frog • L.E.K. Consulting • McKinsey & Co. • Milliman • Navigant • Roland Berger • Siemans Management Consulting • Strategy& • SY PartnersInternal Consulting: Catalyst Education Lab • IBM • PTC
- Associate • Consultant • Engagement Manager • Management Consultant • Senior Associate • Senior Consultant
Recruiting Information and Industry Events
- Message from Bain: We are currently in our AD hiring cycle at Bain. Interested recruits that qualify as ADs can apply directly online by June 11th. Advanced Degree recruits are those currently enrolled in a PhD, JD, or MD program, doing their residency/post doc, and we do accept masters candidates if they have over three years of full-time working experience after completing their bachelor’s degrees. Masters candidates should apply to the Associate Consultant role and then send us an email so that they can be verified and manually moved over to our Consultant position (which is the level they would enter Bain at). If you have questions, email ADRecruiting@bain.com.
- Message from Bain to 1Y MBA Students
Featured Resource: Management Consulted
Access Management Consulted’s entire library of resources – 500+ cases, 7 online video courses, and hundreds of case structure and math drills (an $800 value).
- 90+ hours of video content to help you ace your interviews.
- REGISTER for immediate access.
- Free Salary Data from Management Consulted.
- H1B Visa Sponsors Database (Searchable Directory of Consulting Firms Who Have Been Known to Offer Sponsorship)
- Consulting Firm Directory
Doing some research for your job search this weekend? Be sure to check out our top-rated resource, the Full-Time and Summer Directories – updated today with MBA Class of 2023 information. You’ll need to be logged into SSO to see …
We continue to look for ways to improve our recruiting approach and to make our recruiting practices more objective. This year, we are using two different digital assessments:
Sova: ~45 minute, multiple-choice assessment that has logic and behavioral modules
Thank you for joining us for ChatGPT & LinkedIn: Tools to Accelerate Your Job Search! For those of you who may have missed the workshop or would like to revisit the content, we’re delighted to share the following resources: