Welcome to the Consulting Community
This is a community for those interested in Consulting careers, and brings together news, resources and events from the CDO, Clubs, and MIT Sloan community.
Every year, a large number of MIT Sloan business students, across multiple programs, are recruited for internships and full-time roles in consulting. These firms are looking for students with:
- Conceptual problem-solving/analytical/quantitative skills
- Persuasive communication skills and ability to influence change
- Client relationship skills
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptable to diverse working environments
- Project management/prioritization
As consulting firms hire large classes of business graduates, their recruiting process involves a number of events where representatives meet large numbers of students, and a multi-stage interview process. Recruiting begins early for these roles.
Access Management Consulted
MIT Sloan is excited to announce a new, exciting partnership with Management Consulted! We have provided you with access to MC’s entire library of resources – 500+ cases, 7 online video courses, and hundreds of case structure and math drills (an $800 value).
- 90+ hours of video content to help you learn the ins and outs of mental math, case and fit interviews, PowerPoint, Excel, and more – it’s soup-to-nuts, A-to-Z coverage of everything you need to know to ace your consulting interviews.
- REGISTER for immediate access.
The Cambridge Consultant is a blog that focuses on the ins and outs of consulting, and what it’s like to work in the industry. The site also includes information on case interviews. Click here to view the resource.
In the age of coronavirus, many of us are asking “Are there companies hiring near me?” The good news is that there are recession proof jobs available.
Thursday, March 26, 2020 | 12pm – 1pm
*See the recorded Zoom presentation here.*
Interested in working in management consulting during an economic downturn? Miro Kazakoff, MIT Sloan lecturer and Bain alum, shares his lessons learned during the 2000’s recession.
Alteryx offers a students with a “a free, full Alteryx Designer educational license for use in your studies, valid for one year.”