MFin Career Question of the Week: How do I add my Fin-Lab and Proseminar experience to my resume and LinkedIn? Why does it matter how I display it?

How do I add my Fin-Lab and Proseminar experience to my resume and LinkedIn? Why does it matter how I display it?

We hope you are enjoying your Action Learning projects, and are gaining valuable knowledge and experience. Now it’s time to add the academic project work to your resume and LinkedIn profiles! Once again, we are highlighting the Action Learning Project Guidelines in the Resume Resources and LinkedIn Resources sections of Your CDO:

Both Proseminar and Finance Lab projects are academic. For legal reasons, you may not incorrectly represent them as employers. If you misrepresent these academic experiences as professional work experiences on your recruiting materials and in job applications, it can result in a rescinded offer when uncovered during a background check. If you are an international student, it can impact work authorization approvals and your visa status in the US. It can also damage the relationship that the MFin Program has with the firm. The above guidelines are meant to help protect you and help you accurately represent these impactful and valuable experiences. If you have any questions at all, please contact your career advisor! We are here to answer questions and help you navigate these situations.

By MIT Sloan CDO
MIT Sloan CDO